RAM Technologies, LLC has developed a 4kw 375,000 Joule ultra capacitor based energy storage unit.
The UPS is based on our patented design for maximum energy extraction which can exceed 95%.
The prototype shown is designed to operate at 12 volts DC but other voltages are possible.
The energy storage unit is designed to act as a high cycle back up power source. The charge time is set at 20 minutes with an input power limit of 1kW.
The output of the UPS is tied directly to the voltage bus of the host power supply. When the UPS senses AC power loss via Power Good signal the UPS starts and supports the bus preventing voltage sags.
The direct connection to the bus eliminates additional power conversion increasing system efficiency.
The output will deliver 333 amps for 90 seconds at 12 volts.
Ultra Capacitor Storage Unit
Some of the features are:
- 10 year lifetime over 1 million cycles
- Input and output voltages 12 to 48VDC
- Cell balance monitoring and fault alarm
- Charge input power limiting, adjustable depending on charge time
- Outputs circuit breaker protected
- Wide temperature range -40C to +70C
- 3ms startup time
- Typically 95% energy extraction from ultra capacitors
- 6 watts standby power consumption
- Extremely low EMI